Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

So, I'm new to this blogging thing, so excuse me if this sucks. I thought I'd document our year with posts and/or pictures every day. It will (hopefully) be cool to have and print at the end of the year.

So, to start with January 1.

My oldest 2 kids, Ethan and Arabella (Bella Grace) spent the night with my parents. The youngest, Maile, was home with us. She's 13.5 months and a bundle of energy (by that, I mean pure trouble). Maile has decided that she does not enjoy co-sleeping. She has never enjoyed nursing or cuddling to sleep. She generally went to sleep laying next to me. She had a time where she would only fall asleep in her stroller.

She's recently decided that the only place to sleep is the pack-n-play I had borrowed from my parents. I can try for an hour to put her to sleep without success, but as soon as I lay her in there, she goes to sleep...never a tear shed. It's so odd. I would personally prefer to put her to sleep by rocking or snuggling her, so it's sad for me. Jonathan (my husband) works nights, so doesn't put her to bed often. He tried without fail to put her to sleep the other night, and put her in the pack-n-play. He came out of the room saying how weird it is, that she just lays down and goes right to sleep so happily. He hadn't believed me that it was that easy.

So...anyway, for today, I decided to travel 1.5 to my sister's house. I gave her the crib we had purchased before my son was born and hardly used. She had 2 in cribs at one point, so it made sense for her to use ours instead of buying another. We brought it home and Jonathan put it together. Maile thinks it's rather awesome. I was considering putting it in the room that my older 2 share, but I still need her close to me for now. My son slept part-time in a crib from 4-8 months, but I have been co-sleeping at least part-time for almost 4 years, and full-time for over 3 years. It's going to be hard on me not to have a baby in bed with me, because I really, really enjoy co-sleeping.

We had a nice trip to visit my sister and her two boys (the oldest is 2.5 months older than my oldest). It was a short trip, but the kids always enjoy playing together.

Wish us luck tonight. Mainly wish me luck that I get some sleep...it won't be easy adjusting to this (for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment