Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jan. 6

Last night I really realized that I don't remember anything about Ethan or Arabella at Maile's age. When Ethan was a young toddler, I had a very demanding, high-needs newborn. When Bella was this age, I was pregnant and had hyperemesis (severe nausea and vomiting, 24 hours a day, all the way through pregnancy). I was checked out for the most part, you know? I'm sure I doted on them and thought they were awesome...but it's all a blur. I feel like I only have video to remind me now.

Maile is just so stinking cute. She drives me nuts with her climbing and ability to get into everything...but she just continues to make me melt. Everything she does is the most amazing thing ever. It's like I'm experiencing this age for the first time. The funniest part is it's what kids her age do. But to me, it's the cutest thing ever.

For example, my kids love to do "cheers." Maile picked that up a couple of days ago (did I mention that yesterday?" She was making her "uh, uh, uh" noise and raising her cup to me after I did cheers with Ethan and Bella. My phone's ringtone is the beginning of Crazy Train. The "all abooooooard!" came on, and Maile went "aye, aye, aye." and did a little chuckle. It totally amazed me (Is it amazing? Probably not. But I think it is.) This morning we were getting ready to head to Kroger, and I told her to go get her socks by the playroom door, and she ran off, and came back with the socks and a giant smile on her face. She's totally obsessed with shoes and socks (shoes is a regular word for her, and she has to try everyone's shoes on. Total girl).

Speaking of Kroger, that was a nightmare. We're supposed to get snow tonight, and it's also Senior Discount Day. It took forever to get the few things we needed. We survived, though!

The older 2 were up at 6 this morning (Ethan had to pee, so decided to get Bella out of bed, too). I tried to make them go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. They napped (which they never do) and were up a bit later than usual. Me? I'm past exhausted. I have laundry to fold and then I'm off to bed.

I'd update with pictures from making applesauce today, but honestly I just don't feel like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment