Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan. 8

So, 1 week in I already missed an update. Oh, well. Kids, if you're reading this 20 years down the road, I'm so sorry for failing to update Jan. 7, 2010!

We got a call for some snow. I didn't want to be stuck in the house for a few days alone with the kids (Jonathan's working a lot this week), so we headed to my mom and dad's house for a couple of days. We are usually very active and out a lot, so it's hard on all of us to be at home all day every day. It's been nice to be here. I'd say we got about 5 inches of snow here. The main roads aren't bad at all. The side roads are pretty bad, but the main reason I don't like getting out right now is the temperature. It's just too cold to be out unless we have to.

I did let the kids ride down the front yard hill once this morning, but those 30 seconds were all that was bearable outside today. Otherwise, it's been uneventful, but enjoyable. I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. I couldn't find my parent's camera. My photography isn't so great, so no one's really missing it too much! I promise a picture of Jan. 9. Today the kids have watched probably 3 hours of TV (that's so rare...they don't even watch it usually but once per week). They have pretended to be Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus (completely with Joseph pulling Mary and Jesus on the "donkey" aka rocking horse). We made chocolate chip banana muffins and cucumber soup (usually Ethan's favorite, but he didn't eat any tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment