Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Long day!

Maile was in a mood today. She slept like crap last night, was up twice for an hour each (never happens). She cried from the time she woke up until I laid her in her crib at 11. She just laid down, and I didn't hear her, so I assumed she went to sleep. I went in after my shower about 45 minutes later to get dressed and there she is, laying there with her eyes open just staring. She must have needed time to chill.

I went to keep my friend's 2 kids for awhile. Ethan has his two best friends in the world--Lambchop and Blue Baby. He had them right before we left, but apparently he put them down before we buckled in. We didn't realize it until I was tucking them in and he couldn't find them. He then remember he sat them down in the middle of their playroom.

Her house is about 30 minutes from here, and Maile was already sleeping in her crib. Of course, Ethan doesn't believe anyone could possibly take care of them as well as he can and was devastated that I didn't want to go get them. My heart was breaking for him, but I knew if we loaded up to go get them that he'd fall asleep before we even got there. After I calmed him down (singing Desperado does the trick...seriously has since the day he was born. There's nothing that song can't help), we agreed that Daddy would pick them up on the way home from work. It sounds like a good compromise!

No comments:

Post a Comment